Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Random Ramblings and a Dictionary {Freebie}

This has been the loooonnngggeessstt week E.VER!  I'm so happy that it's over.  You would have thought that I would have partied ALL night and slept in on Sat.  No, I fell asleep at 8:30 and woke up at 5:00 a.m.  BOO!  No partying for me, little Sass and I finished our evening with a quick game of basketball in our driveway.  If you have ever wondered what to do if you don't have a goal.....



This is something that she has just started showing some interest in and created her own goal in the driveway.  LOVE it.  She is so creative!  {this is/was not used for trash-that would be gross and not creative} 

Can I get whoop! whoop! for room moms???  Look at our published writer's wall!!!!......



Beautiful, huh?  Well, I basically told her that I wanted a ROCKSTAR theme and the ability to hang 20 writing pieces at a time.  She did a fabulous job.  LOVE her!!  Each one of our 2nd grade classes will pick 4 writers that have published a piece and are ready to share with the school.  The kids are super excited!  After all, this is VERY SPECIAL. ;)  

We spent time this week learning the very basics of multiplication.  They did a fabulous job!  I made several craftivites to help them illustrate the multiplication as repeated addition.  They turned out super cute!  I will share soon.

I have also made a dictionary skills activity to work on during centers.  They kids do great with ABC order but when asked to find a word that belongs with a set guide words from a dictionary page they panic and struggle.  So make it a game and practice, practice, practice, that's what we will do.  You can pick it up free, just {click here}.  I hope this helps your kiddos too.




Okay, now I'm off to enjoy my Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment