Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Ohhh Sweet Summertime...and Play doh

What a wonderful summer Saturday.  First, me and lil' sass woke up early and went to a few  garage sales.  Well.......I actually knew a friend was having a garage sale so we went to hers.  ha!!  She probably didn't make any money, her HEART is so BIG she just kept giving stuff away.  Some of my fun finds that we added a little of our own sass to. 


We added the cute tutu to sass up the trash can.  




 I think tutus make everything cuter.........
Next, we sassed up this cute stool.
Oh and yes, the Disney Princess' toy box is next......  
Please excuse our floor renovation mess, hopefully soon we will have new floors but in the meantime let the crafting commence on the living room floor. (hahahaha!!)


Play doh


I have a confession.....I have a teacher crush on Babbling Abby and while I was stalking admiring her latest post I saw that she was making Play doh.  I LOVE to make Play doh BUT this was a little different because instead of food coloring or kool aid, she used ...
It was very simple and OH MY..........it smelled DEEEELICIOUS!!  We made bubble gum and mint chocolate.  First gather the ingredients.  

-1 c. of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. of salt
- 1 c. of water
- 1 tbs of veg oil
- 1/4 tsp of lemon juice

(You might have noticed the jar of flour... not to be confused with sugar, because I LABELED it.  Did I mention that I'm loving vinyl, right now??) Then I mixed all the ingredients over medium heat until it began to pull away from the side of the pan.  Once it formed a ball I placed it on wax paper and kneaded it some and then let it cool.
They loved it!!  I think this could be a great gift on meet the teacher night or first day of school....??? 

Good night, Bloggy Friends!!
















2 comments:

  1. I saw that on Abby's blog too & can't wait to try the scented Play Doh. That stool looks fabulous too!! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete